Pici all’Aglione is an outstanding Tuscan dish.
Today we discover their recipe together.
– 500g Pici Valentini
– 700g Ramato tomatoes
– 1 fresh chilli pepper
– 6 cloves of Aglione della Valdichiana (the original in the photo compared to common garlic, the one that enhances the dish with the taste of garlic but leaves no traces in the mouth after the meal)!
– 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
– salt just enough
- Slice the garlic very thinly and add it to a hot pan with extra virgin olive oil, cover with a lid and continue cooking gently, very gently, until the garlic has completely melted.
- Once all the garlic has dissolved, add the wine and let it evaporate over a medium flame.
- After the wine has dried, add the tomato to the pan and continue cooking for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pici for 5 minutes and drain them al dente.
- Put the pici in the pan with the garlic sauce and serve immediately.
Source and credits: Informacibo.it
Enjoy this Valdichiana speciality at its best by following these steps and treat yourself to a signature meal with Valentini pici: try them by clicking HERE.